Getting to Baypark
Arriving from Mt Maunganui
Head south on State Highway 2, turn right at the Baypark roundabout and left into Truman Lane.
Arriving from Whakatane / Te Puke
Head north on State Highway 2, turn left at the Baypark roundabout and left into Truman Lane.
Arriving from Hamilton and Waihi
Take State Highway 29 and turn right into to Truman Lane. For major events continue around the roundabout and enter through entrance 3.
Trustpower Baypark is not currently on a direct public bus route. The nearest main bus stop is a short walk away at Bayfair Shopping Centre. View timetables here.
Taxis and Dial-A-Driver Services
Tauranga Mount Taxis 0800 829 448
Bay Dial-A-Driver 027 212 7070
Coachlines for Groups
Bethlehem Coachlines (07) 571 0360
Bayline Coachlines (07) 578 3113
If you are planning coach travel to Trustpower Baypark and require further information on access and permit parking information please contact our Operations Manager on 07 577 8560.
Travel Planning & Parking
Access to various areas at Trustpower Baypark can change regularly due to operational requirements for events. This webpage will be updated regularly to provide information on:
- Access to Trustpower Arena and around Trustpower Baypark when special events are taking place
- Traffic management plans for major events over 5000 patrons
The main entrance No 1 will be open on Truman Lane for access to Trustpower Baypark. Make your way along Baypark Boulevard to public parking in car park D on the north side of the building.
Travel Planning for Major Events
As Trustpower Baypark is situated on an intersection between two State Highways delays will occur at major events when arriving and departing the venue. Trustpower Baypark will operate comprehensive traffic management plans, however stadium patrons are strongly advised to plan their travel carefully and prepare for expected delays.
Helpful tips when travelling to major events:
- Walk to the venue if you live nearby
- Share your transport and fill your car with friends and family
- Take a taxi or shuttle
- Use public transport – visit the Baybus website for more details
- Bring something to entertain the kids while you depart the venue
Mount Maunganui is an iconic holiday hot spot boasting one of the sunniest climates in New Zealand, a great year-round destination. Recognised as a top global beach and named No.1 in New Zealand in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards.
Mount Maunganui – and Tauranga on its doorstep – offers an impressive selection of accommodation. The mix includes seaside splendour, CBD hotels, apartments and tucked away Bed & Breakfast establishments. For more information on what the Bay of Plenty has on offer visit www.bayofplentynz.com
Here’s a selection of active and passive activities for all event attendees to enjoy:
- Take to the water. Explore the harbour on a boat cruise, go kayaking, try
white-water rafting, or sign up for a surf lesson
- Climb or circumnavigate Mauao (the districts iconic Mount Maunganui)
- Soak in the Southern Hemisphere’s most famous hot saltwater pools
- Experience blokart land sailing at the home of blokarting
- Walk with the waves
- Enjoy the magic of a glow-worm kayak tour
- Try skydiving in one of the best drop zones in the country – or maybe just opt for
a flightseeing adventure
- Enjoy a nature study. Get up close and personal with dolphins or visit local bird gardens and animal parks
- Skid your wheels – 4wd, or various biking options, on offer
- Take a guided tour of the district, either by land, sea, or air
- Explore the inner crater of NZ’s only active marine volcano – White Island
- Middle Earth – experience the idyllic village of Hobbiton – less than one hour away
- LoadedNZ – enjoy an action-packed day of claybird target shooting